WHEN: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30
Columbia University Programs in Occupational Therapy proudly partners with CHHMP Medical to provide occupational therapy services to people from all backgrounds in the community. Occupational therapy students work with patients under the direct supervision of licensed occupational therapists and faculty members. Interprofessional collaboration with the medical and occupational therapy students results in holistic, integrated, and intelligent care.
The occupational therapy team provides consultation, evaluation and treatment for patients and caregivers. We are dedicated to improving access to quality health care, while promoting well–being through engagement in everyday activities.
Services we provide include, but are not limited to:
- Lifestyle changes to prevent heart disease, diabetes, and stroke
- Behavioral / mental health support and services
- Personal self-care strategies
- Exercise and physical rehabilitation strategies
- Nutritional and cooking interventions
- Sleep hygiene
- Stress management
- Financial and work management issues
- Medication management
- Alcohol and drug use
- Mobility and fall prevention
- Parenting and concerns about children
- Sexual Health/Wellness
What is Occupational Therapy?
“In its simplest terms, occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants help people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). – See more at: http://www.aota.org/